Perennial Beauty Favorites

Saturday, April 3, 2010 by The Fashion Fool
Beauty trends, much like fashion, spread like wildfire for a little while, and just as quickly, disappear from the radar, and leave our lives. By for that brief moment in time, trying a new look makes all the difference in the world. (jade green nails and turquoise eyeliner anyone?) This spring season, I know I will be incorporating coral/fushia lipstick and neon nail varnish into my ever expanding (rather embarrassing) makeup stash. However, even though beauty trends come and go, we all have our favorite makeup: the ones that have stood the test of time. Here are some of my perennial beauty must haves:
1) Loreal's Go Clean 360
Even though I just started using this face cleanser, I am absolutely infatuated by it! The little scrublet that pops out of the bottle is probably the neatest thing and a does a fantastic job at cleansing my face. But a word of advice when you are first using this, you might experience some breakouts in the beginning but that's only because the little scrublet is bringing all the bacteria up to the surface and once that is gone, it will clean your face like nothing else.

2) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
I used to think that I didn't need to moisturize my already oily skin. But boy was I wrong. The Clinique moisturizing gel is espescially designed for oily/combination skin and has worked wonders on improving the feel of my skin.

3) Stila Smudge Pot in Black
I have never been a big fan of pencil eyeliner and liquid eyeliner is just a big mess. It was not until I came across gel eyeliner, more specifically stila's smudge pot, when I started wearing eye make up. (I only put this on my upper lash line not on the water line) I have used this since sophomore year of high school and have repurchased it since then. I have also have it in other colors including violet (which I LOVE!) and Stila's famous Kitten which is a champagne shade. I know there are also other (more inexpensive) alternatives to this gel eyeliner but I swear that once this stuff is on, it doesn't smudge all day!

4) Mac Lipstick in Honey Love
I love my deep red/ berry lipsticks like nobody's business. But I find that they are not as universally appealing as I had imagined them to be. Let's face it, sometimes I don't want to draw the attention (espescially when I have a breakout) to my face! On those days, I usually wear a neutral lip color or nude lipstick. Honey Love by Mac is the perfect nude pink color. And it's also a matte finish which can be drying sometimes, but I love it.

5) Benefit That Gal Primer
Benefit has to be one of the sweetest makeup company around. This primer not only makes foundation stay on longer, it has illuminating shimmer (teeny tiny ones) so you can dab it on over your makeup as a highlight. And did I mention that it smells like strawberries? What can be better than that?

6) Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation
One of the first face products that I have ever used. I can't begin to tell you how many of these I have gone through. And even though I have came across cheaper foundations that give better coverage, I always manage to come back to this. It gives your face a smooth, silky finish while brightening it as well!

7) Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Palette
This is one of the most useful palettes to a beginner at makeup. It comes with two pink eyeshadow and a brown one as well as their bo-ing concealer for dark circles. They also included step-by-step directions to create the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes. I have gotten such great use out of this kit.

8) Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo
I'm always aspiring to get the perfect messy, matty hair-do ala Alexa Chung. So this year, I decided to try using dry shampoo and the only thing I had wondered since then is why haven't I tried this thing sooner? There is a saying that goes, "We don't know what we've got until we lose it, but its also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives." This is the situation in my case. In the short time, that I've tried "The All-Nighter" which Rachel Zoe swears by (it left my hair EXTREMELY DRY)and the Fredrick Fekkai one which I hated. The Oscar Blandi brand comes in any easy squeeze bottle and smells wonderful.

9)Narcisco Rodriguez Eau de Parfum
My absolute favorite perfume in the world. So sweet, feminine, but a little musky. I love it.

(For more information, these products excluding the Loreal and Mac can be found on Sephora's site)

Now that you know some of my favorites, what are some of yours?
Posted in Labels: | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

J. said...

I can never get enough of Great Lash Mascara (yup, good old pink and green,) and DuWop, doubleglow7. And I have a small addiction to Urban Decay Eyeshadows!

yiqin; said...

Mmhmm I love mac makeup.

Post a Comment