The Little Door

Saturday, March 20, 2010 by The Fashion Fool
3rd St has got to be one of the best streets in all of Los Angeles. You can literally walk up and down this entire boulevard and not find a single bad restaurant. (well maybe there's one but I haven't encountered any yet) Anyway I had the pleasure of dining at a place that I've wanted to go for ages, The Little Door, and the wait was absolutely worth it. You see, what initially attracted me to go here, instead of any other restaurant in the city was the fact that not a lot of people actually know about. It is not owned by some over publicized celebrity nor is it housed in a swanky club environment like some of its LA counterparts. (think Dolce, Geisha House, Koi, Mastros to name a few) AND the most appealing part a.k.a definate winning quality in my book? There is no sign on the resaturant not like the little door cafe next door. Nope. The restaurant itself is just A LITTLE DOOR! Oh my god. I'm in love with gimmicky things like this.
It literally makes my day. I almost walked right past it trying to find a door, only to have a strange man ask me if I was going to the little door and have him open said door for me. It was right in
front of me this whole time! So great.
The ambience was out of this world. It was like being transported into a chic little outdoor villa in Cannes or Greece somewhere. (it truly felt like that! although I've never been to said places) But each different sitting place has its own theme so there was a lot to look at. Enough about the decor, I came for the food and it did not disappoint. Word of advice: YOU NEED TO try the Pistachio encrusted New Zealand snapper. yes it's a little pricey but this thing just melts on your taste buds. SO GOOD. Everything else we had, from the soup (made from cauliflower and teragon puree, I think) to the scallops to the vanilla creme brulee was heavenly. Even the bread they put out as an appetizer was the best bread that has ever laid in my mouth. Oh, I can just dream about this place forever..


(Pictures via Yelp and my phone..)
Posted in Labels: | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

J. said...

Mmmm...I've been cooking at home a lot and this just makes me dream of a night out!

This place looks great! I love trying new places and I love that it's a little hidden...what a treat!

Post a Comment