Joan's on Third

Sunday, February 14, 2010 by The Fashion Fool
Yesterday my friend and I ventured on to Joan's on Third, a cafe/ gourmet market place in LA. Now I have a secret to share: I am the absolute worst at directions (it's no secret if you knew me, I have trouble telling left from right), so after spending about an hour and a half circling my friend's campus, (it really should not have taken this long!), needless to say I was starving. Usually when we go to lunch in 3rd St, we usually go to Toast, another one of those typical "LA" eateries where the point of the place is to sit outside so you can people watch and play "spot the celebrity incognito." But this time we decided to try Joan's on Third, and my, was it a sight for sore eyes. It is the worst place to be when you are hungry as I was because being a semi marketplace, they put the smorgasbord of food on display yet the line always take forever! But the longer the line is, the better the food! And Joan's on Third surely does NOT disappoint. For a self-appointed veteran foodie like myself, that is saying something. ha.

all the food that was on display while we were waiting! thank god I'm poor or else I would have kept adding and adding on...
grilled vegetables+goat cheese on a french baguette. mm mm good

friend's grilled cheese+tomato and lemonade tea

the cute cow motif extended outside

an entire side of Joan's is dedicated to desserts! and it is to die for...

quite possibly the best cupcakes ever? coconut+vanilla w/ raspberry filling. ohh my gawd. Let me tell you I am a cupcake fiend. I used to be a fan of Sprinkles before I realized that there are better ones out there. I am still convinced that Toast has the best red velvet but Joan's a better selection of specialty cupcakes. (marshmallow filling anyone?) And did I mention the famed Magnolia's of NY is opening on third st as well? I WILL be there on the grand opening. oh boy.. I shall do a cupcake guide in a future post.
(pictures via my phone)

AND HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY! I love it when holidays are back-to-back!
Posted in Labels: | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE Joan's on Third. It is like foodie heaven. The grilled cheese and tomato sandwich looks delicious; and I'm loving the little tower of cupcakes. So glad you had a good time.

Happy, Happy President's Day!! :)

S.Elisabeth said...

Me too!!!!!!! I can sometimes not tell left or right, I was legitimately worried about this before I took my driver's test.
And this sounds amazing; I really need to take a visit to LA!
Ah and Magnolia Bakery=heaven on earth.

Lauren said...

everything looks so appetizing - especially the cupcakes :)

Audrey Allure said...

looks like such a charming place :)

floursisters said...

yummy, everything looks wonderful and those cupcakes make me salivate and i love love love this blog. please post often :)

Stephanie said...

I need to make a trip to L.A. soon. Those cupcakes look amazing!

J. said...

I might actually kill for those cupcakes! They look so yummy!

Post a Comment