A Dustland Fairytale Beginning

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 by The Fashion Fool
First off, let me begin by saying thank you to the wonderfully chic and lovely J. from My Closet, My Life for passing this fun tag/award to me. So completely unexpected and it definately made my day! (espescially since I ended up in the infirmary after tripping and falling at school today. Yikes! the reprecussions of accident prone teenager, I guess..) Anyway on to this fun questionnaire:
1. Who is your style icon?
of course Alexa Chung my self proclaimed doppleganger, chloe sevigny, and taylor momsen. I also take plenty of inspiration from some of my favorite style bloggers such as Karla from Karla's Closet, Aimee from Song of Style, Rachel from That's Chic, and of course Jane from Sea of Shoes!
2. Which is your favourite socialite book?
I'm not sure if I've ever indulged myself with a socialite book (unless Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann counts as one) but I do LOVE to read. favorite books? Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, any and all David Sedaris novels and the Percy Jackson and Harry Potter series. What can I say? I am a child at heart haha.
3. Favourite party theme?
Anything involving sweater vests, oversized glasses, argyle socks, in other words, a nerd party? but that's not really a stretch from how I usually dress..
4. Go to Halloween costume.
Yoko Ono. I am asian and I have a lot of hippie-esque clothes!
5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
Besides my computer, I would say food. I am always willing to spend the big bucks on good food.
6. Living person you admire?
Tina Fey, Jane Goodall, Nicholas Kristof, and yes, my mommy.
7. Greatest fears?
ghosts! They are real and I am scared of them!! but on a more serious note, I am terrified of acquiring a mental disorder.
8. Traits you deplore in yourself?
procrastination will be the death of me.
9. Which talent would you most love to have?
any sort of athletic ability. and I wish I was good at math. I have secretly always wanted to do a super long equation that takes up an entire blackboard (you know, the types you see in movies like A Beautiful Mind) all to arrive to the answer 1 or something. That would be a dream!
10. Greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement is would be the small things that I do that might be nervewrecking to me at that time. For example, going on space mountain for the first time when I was ten, driving on the freeway by myself, or performing in front of people. I would like to think that those little things have gradually amounted to one great achievemnet.

And so, to continue this tag, I would like to pass this on to just some of my faves: Modern Marie, Toast with Charmalade, She is Sara, and well anyone who wants to do it!

ps. how fun is this editorial from the May issue of W Magazine?



Posted in | 4 Comments »

4 comments:

Sara said...

This was fun to read, thanks for thinking of me my dear :)

J said...

aw thanks for sharing!! i fear ghosts as well! also def a fun editorial!

J. said...

I'm glad this helped your day...I hope you weren't seriously injured!

I'm scared of ghosts too but for some reason I can't resist those shows...and I always seem to watch them right before bed...not a good way to fall asleep!

yiqin; said...

Ah I am scared too

Post a Comment