Your Friendly Neighborhood Italian Kitchen

Saturday, February 27, 2010 by The Fashion Fool
My aunt came to town this week and on her first night, my mom and I took her to a restaurant called The Original Mama D's in Manhattan Beach. I must admit, I am not usually the biggest fan of Italian food (but that'a only because I don't go out of my way to go to good Italian restaurants. lets see I've been to Bucca Di Beppo's once, Olive Garden maybe twice, and well there is Pizza Hut..but that's pretty much where my Italian culinary experiences take me. My sister did study abroad in Italy for six months so she obviously has a more refined palatte than I do. "you have never tried real Italian food until you've been to Italy." haha) Anyway what blew me away about Mama D's was not necessarily the food but the customer service. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE was out of this world. I don't think I have ever experienced a place more inviting, more friendly, and just plain more family (not an adjective but it works!) than this one right here. My own grandmother's kitchen does not even compare to the level of coziness that this place exudes. Sorry Gma! haha. When we first walked in, servers came up and offered complimentary samples, the waitress asked US for our names and was soo incredibly nice, i almost felt guilty. The host even put coins into the meter our parking. Clearly their attention to service was beyond impressive. But how does their food compare to their excellent service? Well despite my extremely limited knowledge in Italian food, I LOVED the food. I REALLY DO. Everything that I had just tasted so fresh. I mean when I was eating mozarella, it's legit mozarella. It was just so refreshing to eat food that is made from not a lot of ingredients but everything is just so well made. I'm getting so hungry just writing this. And now I will take you on a culinary journey through crappy phones once again. (This is the last time I will do this!)
we even received a complimentary dish because it was our first time there. NICE.
the most delicious vegetarian lasagna. i love my meat, but i'm always on the hunt for the perfect vegetarian dish. their lasagna comes close.
I thought when Jack N' Jill's of Beverly Hills dished out tootsie rolls with your bill was great, Mama D's trumps that by offering gooey chocolate chip cookies after your meal. WHO DOES THAT?!
Zagat rated Noteworthy Newcomer. Well deserved. :)
Mama D's creates the perfect atmosphere for beach communities. Its inviting enough so that you can stroll in wet and grimy after a day of sand and surf. The food is good and cheap, the portions are reasonable, and what's more impressive is that it truly gives a vibe of being in your family's kitchen. Everybody cares, which is a refreshing attitude compared to a lot of restaurants in Los Angeles. Did I mention you even get a free meal when it's your birthday! (which I wished i knew because mine just passed! ugh. but i did go to a very special post which i will write about in a future post.) So, if you're ever in the borough of manhattan beach, or newport, or Hermosa in southern california, Mama D's is a truly a dime in a dozen.
Posted in Labels: | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

italian kitchen decor said...

I love italian food.

Thank you so much for sharing . Fashion Fool !!!!!!

It's helpful for me.

Post a Comment